FUE Hair transplant surgery procedure
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a type of hair transplant procedure that involves removing individual hair follicles from the back or sides of the scalp (donor area) and transplanting them into balding or thinning areas of the scalp (reception area).
Here is a general overview of the FUE hair transplant procedure:
- Consultation: Before the procedure, you will have a consultation with a hair transplant specialist to discuss your expectations, and solve all questions related with the procedure.
- Preparation: On the day of the procedure, the donor area will be shaved and cleaned. In some cases it is not necessary to shave the full head.
- Extraction: Dr. Cortez will use a micro punch tool to extract individual hair follicles from the donor area. This is done one by one and can take several hours (6 - 8 hours) depending on the number of follicles needed.
- Transplantation: Once hair follicles have been extracted, the hair transplant specialist will make small incisions in the balding or thinning area of the scalp and insert the follicles into them. The placement of the follicles is crucial for achieving a natural-looking result.
- Recovery: After the procedure, post care indications on how to care for your scalp and minimize the risk of infection will be explained. Following up these indications will impact on the overall results of the hair transplant, it can take up to 12 months to see the full results of the procedure.
The price of a hair transplant varies depending on each patient, an online evaluation is necessary to estimate the number of grafts, sessions and price. Fill this form online and get Dr. Jorge Cortez hair transplant recommendation.